Education100958: Australia and the World- Australia’s engagement with Asia- Online Exam Assignment
Apr 13, 2021
Internal Code: 1HHDH
Online Exam Assignment:
- From the lecture for Week 10 on Australia’s engagement with Asia which of these statements is MOST correct?
- Australia engaged with Asia during the Cold War largely due to our fears of communism, however Australia did not fear Asia even though Australia’s cultural heritage was very different to that of Asia.
- Very few Australians understand Asian cultureswith Asian language studies declining in Australia.
- Australia is involved in, or has been involved in, SEATO, ASEAN, ASEAN + 3, the East Asia Summit, APEC, Asia Pacific Community Proposal and the G20.
- Australia’s foreign policy is based on ensuring we have an alliance with a powerful protector with a similar cultural heritage and we pay very little attention in developing any regional architecture with Asia.
- From the lecture for Week 10 on Australia’s engagement with Asia which of these statements is NOT correct?
- While Australia was more aware of Asia in the 19th century it did not begin engaging with Asia until after World War Two
- The features of the Cold War were a clash over a set of principles and policies, and tension between the US and the USSR, which resulted in Australia being involved in a number of conflicts in the Asia region.
- The 1989 Garnaut report suggested four main strategies: tariff reduction; encouraging trade liberalisation in Asia; encouraging investment from Asian countries; and cultural integration with Asia.
- Australia has made significant progress on all the four strategies of the 1989 Garnaut report
- In approximately 50 words describe the perceptions made by Asians about Australia.
- . In approximately 50 words describe four of the seven weaknesses that Ramesh Thakur identifies in the 2012 Asian Century While Paper.
- In approximately 50 words outline the changes in Australia’s relationship with India.
- In approximately 50 words outline how Australia’s engagement with Asia has changed since the Whitlam government.